Taking Clonazepam and Fluoxamine. Will these medicines treat panic disorder?

I am taking Clonzepam 0.5 twice daily,pexep CR 25 SR one in morning and docter change recently paragabelin 75 to fluoxamine 100.Taking from last few years Propanolol 40 Sr once aday in morning.

I am having panic disorder. my question is whether these medicines will treat panic disorder and how long I have to take these and what are the side effect of the medicine on my lipid profile and blood pressure.

why doctor change paragablin and gave fluvoxamine.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The Clonazepam, Pexep ( which contains paroxetine) and the fluvoxamine will both help control the panic disorder and the anxiety. I do not know why you were started on Pregabalin in the first place. We usually use it to control severe neuropathic pain and seizures and you haven't mentioned any history of that.
Alongwith the medication, I would request you to also see a psychotherapist. Psychotherapy, particularly cognitive behavioural therapy, can help you control your symptoms.
Coming to the question of how long you have to take them, it would depend on the severity of symptoms, and also on the psychotherapy. It may however quite some time for this to go away.
Apart from the propanolol ( which can lower your blood pressure and potentially adversely affect your lipid profile as well), these drugs are not going to affect your blood pressure and lipid profile.
Do let me know the medication you're taking for your blood pressure.
Apart from the medication, regular exercise, cutting down on tea/coffee/smoking and alcohol, pranayama, regular exercise and yoga can substantially help you.
Let me know if you have any other questions.