Taken two imitrex at a time for migraine. Will there be a problem?

Hi. By mistake, I might have taken 2 imitrex tablets (100mg) -- perhaps 1/2 hour apart. I've been taking imitrex 100mg (up to 2 a day)for migraines for years with no problem. Then again, I might have taken only 1. I just don't remember. Is there anything I should look out for? Neither my pharmacist or doctor is available. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 4 hours later

For acute severe migraine, protocols say "one can repeat tablet of imitrex as early as 2 hours if headache is not responding XXXXXXX The maximum dose is 200 mg/day.

Since you have been taking imitrex up to 200 mg for many years, taking it little early usually won't lead to any problems.

But be careful from next time. Keep a note whenever you take it.
Just stay relaxed. You should be fine.

Hope this information is useful to you. If you need any more help feel free to ask me.
Do close this discussion if you don't have a follow-up query.

Best Regards
Dr. Neeraj Baheti
Follow-up: Taken two imitrex at a time for migraine. Will there be a problem? 48 minutes later
Thanks so much! GReat advice, esp. re writing a note and relaxing!
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 27 minutes later
You are most welcome.

Should you have any health queries in future and you wish me to answer, you can ask me on this link
Do not forget to close and review this discussion if you do not have any other queries for now.

Thank you and wish you good health

Best Regards
Dr. Neeraj