Taken maxgalin 70 mg for leg pain. Started swelling and hardness in leg muscle. Is there any solution?

My wife had taken Maxgalin 70 mg tablets (prescribed by a Ortho Doctor) for leg pain, post which she developed swelling and hardness in her knees and leg muscles. She is not able to walk or stand even for short periods. She has also been told that she has sacroilitis. Is there a solution to the after effects of Maxgalin. She has continuous pain in her legs and hips.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later

If she has been diagnosed with sacroiliitis then the leg and hip pain is probably attributable to that.
Pregabalin (Maxgalin) generally does not produce such side effects.

I suggest she should have her HLA B27 test done and should be on NSAIDs like diclofenac or etoricoxib for the present situation.

Apart from that gentle exercises should be begun with an aim to improve her pain and mobility.

Let me know if you have any further questions.