Taken antibiotics for cellulitis. Paleness, night sweats, tiredness. Why?

My husband has recently come home after 2weeks in hospital (11 days of which were on IV antibiotics) due to a rather severe case of cellulitus.(he also already suffers from lymphodema due to a groin dissection for malignant melanoma) Although my husbands leg is now finally improving, he just seems unwell-more so than we would expect at this point in recovery?(it's now over 3weeks since he was first admitted to hospital) he looks SO pale, suffering severe night sweats-so much so that I wake up wet also just from being beside him..and he is exhausted- having a bath wears him out so much that he will lay down and then sleep for a couple of hours. He says he 'just doesn't feel right' and he really doesn't look it.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 37 minutes later
You don't need to worry regarding cellulitis, It will come down with antibiotics.
The matter of concern is night sweats, weakness and paleness.
The above symptoms are indicator of spread of malignancy (malignant melanoma)

I think he should XXXXXXX an oncologist, a PET scan need to be done to rule out spread.
Hope he gets well soon.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you