Take Seroquel for bi-polar and have allergy to artificial color. Suggest?

I take Seroquel and have allergy to artificial colour. I am concerned that the yellow ferrous oxide and red ferrous oxide which gives the colour will exacerbate my symptoms
Thank you. I am concerned that I need to change my only drug Seroquel for my bi-polar. This was the first and only drug that was tried and have been on it since first diagnosed in November 2009.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Let's get more inforation!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this bipolar disease and the allergy to colours.

From the information you have provided, you have been on this drug since 2009. I wish to find out if there has been any change in the frequency or gravity of your allergy episodes. if this has been the case, then we may consider changing the medication. However, if there has not been any major changes in these symptoms and gravity, then it may not be necessary.

This drug(quetiapine) has formulations that are in other colors including white by different pharmaceutical companies and getting your preferred color may not be too much of a problem.But unless you have documented this over the past 4 years, I will not recommend that you change this drug and more so if it has been working good for you.

Hope this helps and clarifications are welcomed.
Wish you the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD