Take Eritel40 and prolomet. Like to go for health check up. What are the tests I should go for?

Excellent

Question
I would like to go for Health Checkup package. I take Eritel40 after breakfast and Prolomet XL 50 after dinner. What are the tests I should go for ?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Based on the medications you are taking, I understood that you also have Hypertension apart from Diabetes. It is good that the people suffering both conditions undergo periodic health check up. And I appreciate your thought of going for Health Checkup.

You may need investigations like the following:

FBS, HBA1C (which is to assess how you are controlling your sugar levels from past few months)

Serum microalbuminuria, Serum Creatinine, Blood urea nitrogen, Serum albumin and globulin ratio to assess your kidney function which is one of the main target organ in patients with Hypertension and Diabetes

ECG, Lipid profile

BP measurement (at least two times on different occasions) , Foot examination and Eye examination to rule out diabetic retinopathy(which is eye problems that can occur in diabetic patients) are also needed in addition.

The above may vary or some may be added based on physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Take Eritel40 and prolomet. Like to go for health check up. What are the tests I should go for? 7 minutes later
Dear Dr. Vasanth,

The medicines I am taking are for hypertension only and I am not diabetic (as per my last blood sugar report). Request you to advice.

Best regards,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Guru 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for the update and follow up! Your query has been updated in the category diabetes, so I thought that you were having diabetes as well. I am sorry for that.

Anyhow, it is better for you to undergo diabetes tests(which I have mentioned in the above answer) one more time as you already have hypertension(risk increases if you have both) and as you are at risk based on your age. Moreover, I do not think I should make any changes about the investigations I have suggested in the previous answers because diabetes and hypertension have almost similar target organs for damage.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.