TSH level is 5.2, have dizziness, off balance, constant heart palpitations, not hungry and nervousness. Suggest?

hi, my tsh level is a 5.2 and I have a lot of symptoms. I'm dizzy, a little off balance, have constant heart palpitations, not hungry, nervousness 24/7. I'm going to see a endocrinologist tm. To me it seems like a hyperthyroid, do you think it is?

Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Subclinical hypothyroid

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

TSH of 5.2 is indicative of hypothyroidism and not 'hyper'thyroidism. All the symptoms what you have given does not fit into the hypothyroidism picture.

I am happy that you are meeting the endocrinologist but I suggest you also XXXXXXX a physician as well for a complete physical examination and also a EKG in order to rule out any other systemic issues which might be leading to your symptoms.

If I were to be your treating physician, I would order tests to rule out
1. Anemia
2. Positional vertigo
3. Hypertension
4. Diabetes
5. Anxiety

I hope I was of help

Please get back to me if you have further queries