TBI,broken bones,blood clot filter,loose foreskin

I was in a very bad car accident a year ago (TBI and 11 broken bones).

While in the emergency room, due to extent of broken bones, they put a blood clot filter in via my groin, which they shaved to perform the procedure. They later removed it via my neck. Two questions:

1. The groin hair has never grown back completely - it is very thin and patchy. I was in intensive care for 2 months. I am 54 years old so maybe it did not grow back due to age. My first question is should I be concerned and what would you suggest. Cut it off and assure I get plenty of protein while it is growing back, was one suggestion I got.

2. Once again this may be totally unrelated and just a coincidence of a 54 year old guy, but although I am circumsised when I first take off my "tighty whitys" a lot of times, the skin behind the head of the penis, which is very loose now, has pulled over the head, so that it almost looks every time like I am not circumsised. Is this, once again, just a coincidence more due to old age then anything else? Although I would not think 54 is that drastically old these days.

Thanks, Mike
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

1. The poor growth of the groin hair can be explained by poor nutrition during the days of Intensive care unit stay.Well two months is a long time and can leave such long term changes.

I would say need not be worried, it does not pose any serious risk to you and yes, you have heard it right that taking plenty of protein while it is growing back after its been cut could help.You can try that, specially with Keratin supplements.

2. The skin over the penis growing loose is surely a age related issue also nutrition plays a role here.I do not see any reason to worry here too.I do not recommend any intervention here unless you find it uncomfortable.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.