Swollen vagina,smelly discharge,spots on penis,no pain or itch

hi im really worried last week me and my boyfriend had sex for about 2 or 3 hours, the next day i noticed i was really sore and swollen and had a bad discharge which had a bit of an odour to it, then he deveoped small dots over the top of his penis which he said didnt itch of cause any pain. my problem cleared up after a few days so we had sex again about a week 5 days after and he still had a few of these spots but after sex the spots spread around to his whole penis but again the next day he said it was going down. i dont know what this is? does it look bad?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later

Please give me some details about your problem to help you better.

1.Describe the spots on his penis?
2.Any discharge from the penis?
3.Did you have unprotected sex?
4.Do you still have discharge,odor etc or has your problem reduced?

Awaiting your reply,

Follow-up: Swollen vagina,smelly discharge,spots on penis,no pain or itch 49 minutes later
ok the spots on top of his penis where flat just like someone had drew them on with a pen, more like dots and no he didnt mention anything about any discharge. but after sex when the dots were easing up i noticed they had now spread down his penis and where more raised and then he had a shower and they had gone really red all over.
yes we did have unprotected sex.
i do not have any discharge or odour now and my problem has reduced although when we had sex yesterday morning before it flared back up again, he said i was very dry when having sex.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later

Thanks for following me up.

Well,there may be several possibilities here.These can be either non infectious causes like Fordyce's spots,penile papules or it can be skin infection like psoriasis /lichen planus.
Sexual intercourse or strenous masturbation/friction may cause them to flare up.Stds should also be ruled out even though your partner doesnt have associated symptoms like pain,discharge,itching etc.

I suggest that he see a dermatologist for confirmation.And also to get tested for std.

On the other hand,you may be having vaginitis.That may be due to hygiene and infection.You should also take a course of antibiotics.Refrain from having sex until you are cured.

Follow-up: Swollen vagina,smelly discharge,spots on penis,no pain or itch 14 hours later
the only thing i was worried about as i've seen alot of stuff over the internet, is if it was genital herpes. i mean if he had herpes would it be small dots on the penis and while having it after having sex could it then spread to the rest of the penis in a matter of minutes, then hours? we've been having unprotected sex now for about 3 months as i have the coil fitted and this has never happened before..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Well,herpes presents a bit differently.The lesions appear like blisters containing fluid and there is usually pain and discharge also.Its the most common std and very painful.There are associated symptoms like tiredness,pain during urination etc.Also the eruptions are seen over a month after exposure.So although i would like to rule out herpes and other stds i have mentioned other possible causes.