Swollen scrotum after a hit from a ball. Any treatment should i take?

Jul 2016

One of my scrotem is swollen after a hit from a cricke ball some years back. Though the size has not increased and remained same I feel it is causing discomfort. It is not pain ful and twice shown to doctor who said it is 'hydrocele' and may not be harmful. Need your opinion and also which hospital in Bengaluru give effective treatment / operation.
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later

You had an injury to your scrotum few years and had since then the size of the scrotum has increased You have already consulted a your family physician who has diagnosed it to be Hydrocele.

Though it is a benign condition and not to be worried at all. However it may lead to some complication of getting infected or turn into haematocele even due to slight trauma to the scrotum.

So I would advise you to get operated. Since this is a very simple operation, you can get operated in any general hospital close to your residence.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.