Swollen mouth, throat pain, no fever. Started after iron infusion. What to do?

Excellent

Question
I have a place that is swollen on thereof of. Y mouth and,throat hurts, no fever,it started after having an infusion of iron.what to do?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Though precautionary I would like to arise possibility of allergy to iron infusion in your case.Iron supplements are known to cause allergies.Angioedema is allergic reaction and it can cause such swelling of airway.In addition it can cause lip and eyelid swelling.

I think this possibility should be ruled out without delay.So please bring these symptoms to notice of your doctor.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Swollen mouth, throat pain, no fever. Started after iron infusion. What to do? 5 hours later
Thank you after your response I went on line and had other symptoms of iV iron.how long do these last.its been a little over three days.i felt weak this morning,however my throat is not as bad.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 hours later
This may last for variable time depending on severity and duration varies from person to person.I think you should try oral anti-histaminics and bring this to notice of your doctor without fail.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.