Swollen knee and foot, skin rashes. History of angina attack. Normal blood test reports

can u look at my pics of a rash
My husband had an agina attach in November of last year, he has had tests and has been given the all clear but has been having pains up and down his legs, he has blood tests for this that were all ok but has had a swollen knee for a few weeks, his foot swells up from time to time and he developed a rash on his lower legs yesterday, on the swollen one it is worse see the pic. it may have
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

I have gone through your details and picture posted by you.

The rash described by you closely resembles echymosis and purpura.

- Is your husband on aspirin or any antiplatelet drugs?
- Is he receiving any anti coagulant medication?
- When was the last blood workup done?

Ecchymosis is caused by extravasations of blood cells in the skin. It can occur as a result of number of causes like blood thinning medication/antiplatelet drugs, infection, vessel wall inflammation, etc.

My advice to you would be to visit your treating doctor. He may need blood work up like complete hemogram including platelet count, Prothrombin time, bleeding time, clotting time and so on.

Hope I've answered your query. If you have any further query I would be available for follow up.

Dr. Sudarshan