Swollen head after hurt against wall,sore to touch,bump

Hi. I hit my head very hard against a wall about a week ago. My head swelled up in that area to about the size of a golf ball. I iced it right away , the swelling went down and I have had no further problems. That side of my head(right) still is sore to the touch and there is just a small dime-sized bump and a bit of soreness that still remains. Any cause for concern? Will it just go away? I have had no dizziness or anything weird since the injury occurred.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

The soreness and the bump will remain for a few days and should go away on its own. If you dont have any dizziness,nausea,vomitting,headache then there shouldnt be any concern. Ideally you should have seen a doctor immediately after the incident. There is not much active intervention required at this late date. If at all you experience any of the symptoms that I mentioned before then you need a CT Scan. Keep icing it and if required take some ibuprofen.

Hope I answered you query. If you have any further follow ups I will be available for answer.