Swollen eyelids, no lubrication or discharge. Having dry eye syndrome and bletheritis. Normal vision. Suggest?

Hello, I suffer with dry eye syndrome and bletheritis. I have also been experiencing what feels like swollen eyelids if I wake up in the night, having problems getting my eye to open as though they are fixed to my eyeball, but there is no discharge. I have also had a bit of visual disturbance if I open my eye to quickly, if I open my eye slowly it is fine. I only have this problem at night. I had my eyes tested in September 2012 and my eyes were very healthy. I also had a clean XXXXXXX of health from the eye hospital in November 2011 with a different eye problem. I am convinced that the lack of lubrication in my eyes is just more noticeable at night. I have no vision problems at all in daylight or artificial light, vision is as it should be with both my long distance and short distance glasses. I had thought about making another appointment with my optition, but wonder if any major eye problems could occur so soon. Any advice would be appreciated
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
thanks for sending your query to us.
This is what may happen in cases of blepheritis and dry eye.
The reason you have a clean XXXXXXX of health after your eye checkup is that vision wise your eyes are fine.
As you have had treatment for both dry eye and blepheritis you are converscent with treatment modality.
There is little possibility of something new developing in such a short while it is only exacerbation of dry eye.
Apply lubricating gel at bed time and take treatment of blepheritis and you will be fine.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.