Swallowing difficulty with pain in adams apple. Due to any muscle strain?

ENT Specialist
I was having dinner with my family. All seemed normal and all of a sudden I started feeling this pain right above my Adam's XXXXXXX I can only think of some combo of eating and loud conversations as the culprit. It's been hurting every time I swallow over the last 3 hours. It feels different than strain from shouting. and pain located more on outside, right where XXXXXXX meets ligaments that become pronounced during swallowing. Like some sort of a muscle or tendon strain. XXXXXXX minor - any thoughts would help?!
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 2 hours later
Pain while taking dinner, could be because of some food-causing trauma at the level voice box.
To make you understand--- at a level, the voice box and beginning of food pipe are at same level.
What happens is when we eat and swallow the voice box closes and the food goes down the food pipe, but we talk while eating the voice box is not able to close and the muscles are working. Therefore, it takes more pressure to push the food in food pipe and during that; the food traumatizes the inlet of food pipe and the muscles pain.
Do not worry the simple treatment is ----
Take rest.
Voice rest.
Do not eat spicy food.
Take lukewarm food.
Do not take alcohol/ smoke
Take antacid gel.
Take steam inhalation

If symptoms persists after 3-4 days or worsen up do consult your ENT specialist and get throat examined.
Get well soon.
If in doubt do reply.