Swallowed a small lead shot. What should be done?

I just swallowed a small lead shot while eating a game bird. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later

You have atherosclerotic heart disease with a stent and have now swallowed a lead shot while eating a game bird.

I do not think you need to worry too much. They pass out in the stools without any harm.
So have a look at your stools daily till you pass it out. You can take a mild laxative daily till it comes out.

As long as it passes out in a few days you do not need to worry since it is smooth. But due to any reason if it stagnates in the intestines for long, there may be some effects on nerves and kidneys. If you do not pass out the shot in a week, visit your primary healthcare provider.

Hope I have been helpful to you. If you do not have any further queries, please accept this answer. Should you have any additional concerns, you are welcome to post your follow up queries.