Swallowed a pill without water. Started getting severe pain in throat and nose. Reason?

Hi, I just swallowed a pill (minocyclin) without water and it didn't hurt at the time but about five minutes later I felt a severe pain in my throat and nose that made my eyes water and made me throw up. The pain is still here but now just a severe pain in my throat. What could this be from?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hi dear, it seems there has been an irritant reaction in your throat due to minocycline.

Added on to this the pain may be due to pressure on the throat while vomiting.

I advice you to gargle with warm saline water, as in reactions there is edema in the throat, warm saline water reduces the edema.

If there is no relief, you must XXXXXXX an ENT specialist.

Hope you get well soon. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Thank you