Surgery in right frontal lobe, partial seizures, head injury, lesion, calcification, mitral valve prolapse, regurgitation, low BP, breathlessness

i am a 39 year old white female. 9 years ago i had surgery on my right frontal lobe for partial seizures due to a head injury, i was told it was a lession, or a calcification it was removed and my symptoms stopped. i was also told years ago i had mitral valve prolaspe with regurgitation. and i also have low blood pressure sometimes 90/60. anyway..recently i started having symptoms. it is like i wake up out of no where, gasp for a breath and reach for something to grab onto to keep from falling but i have not actually fell. there is no warning no other symptoms. this is happening 2-3 times a day. its like the floor goes out from under me. i take no medications, and have no other health problems
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 hours later

There are couple of possibilities in your case.
1. Postural hypo tension
2. C.N.S. cause.

1. Postural Hypo tension: When ever we stand up from sitting or sleeping our natural mechanisms maintains blood pressure and blood supply to brain. In case where this does not work, possibly due to some cardiac problems or other reason, when we stand up the blood pressure falls suddenly and supply to brain is compromised and have the symptoms like one you have.

2. You had been operated for epilepsy. There is possibility some disturbance at central level and because of which you can not maintain your balance.

doctor may advise investigations like E.K.G. and further as per the need.

I hope this helps you. I will be available for follow up.