Surgery done for right inguinal hernia and left varicocele. Semen analysis done. What does the report suggest?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Dear Sir ,
I have undergone following Laproscopic surgeries on 24-Feb-2012
1.Right Inguinal Hernia
2.Left Varicocele

Now Quality of the sperm is a worrying issue for me.
I have attached my Seman Analysis reports ,done before and after surgery .

Yesterday ,I have undergone Seman Analysis again .The result is same as last seman analysis report .

We are trying for Kids .I would like to know proper advise from you .
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later

Varicocele is one of the important causes for oligo and asthenospermia.

If the quality of semen even after three months of surgery is not improved, it may either be due inadequate surgical correction of varicocele or your system of spermatogenesis already spoiled too much.

In such situation you can take Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) stimulating drugs like Clomiphen Citrate with the advice of your physician along with some antioxidants which can prevent mitochondrial damage like L-Cornitine, Lycopene, CoQ 10 enzyme tablets, etc., for 3-6 months.

Already your sperm count is almost adequate. Only thing is the quality of the sperm with regards to motility and morphology has to be improved. You can also use wet inner wears to make your scrotal temperature in a little cool. This condition can better spermatogenesis process.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Follow-up: Surgery done for right inguinal hernia and left varicocele. Semen analysis done. What does the report suggest? 5 hours later

Please advise any ayurveda medicine for the same .
I will take along with my pysician suggestions.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
I am very sorry
We are all experts in modern medicine only. We may not be able to guide you in any other alternative system including ayurveda.
Thank you for your question.
Dr S.Murugan