Surgery done for acute gallbladder. Feeling week and losing weight. Using Imodium. Any suggestion?

Jan 2013

bout 6 weeks ago I was rushd to the hosptia - had surgery that night acute gallbladder and lots of poisen in my system Was in 24 days & 4 in accute care...Now I can't eat without strong crampsâ™  Still have diagarrheal and using Imodium. Im week and losing weight. Dr made an appt to see a gastro specialist but cant get in till Oct 31 Im 66 year old lady
Any suggestions or commennts
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
1) Kindly answer the following details:
a) Do you have fever/ vomiting/ blood in stools?
b) Have you undergone ultrasound imaging/ CT/ MRI scan? What was the report?
2) Cramping abdominal pain occurs only in biliary colic, renal colic and gastrointestinal infection.
3) Cramping abdominal pain with diarrhea is most favorable to Gastro- intestinal infection i.e. Acute gastroenteritis.
4) These gastroenteritis disease require complete antibiotic course other wise your condition may worse day by day.
5) Using Imodium is not a good option as infection may remain in your body and at times may lead to life threatening conditions.
6) You should cosult with physician/ gastroenterologist.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava