Sundowner's syndrome after triple A surgery and knee replacement. Is this the cause of concern?
User rating for this question
Is this a serious condition? I have experienced this condition twice following two surgeries. One after a triple A surgery and once after a knee replacement.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please elaborate your symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. You have not disclosed anything about the problem you are facing now. Please write your problem in detail along with the available investigation reports and I am available to assist you further. Anticipating your response. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Sundowner's syndrome after triple A surgery and knee replacement. Is this the cause of concern? 16 minutes later
i have no problems right now. i just want to know if sundowners syndrom is a serious problem or not. i experienced it twice following the surgeries i mentioned. trip le A and knee surgery.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not worrisome. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. Sundowner's syndrome is a psychological phenomenon associated with confusion, forgetfulness, sleeplessness and restlessness which can be aggravated by the anaesthetic agents used during the surgery. This is commonly a self limiting problem and gradually improves in 2-3 days as the effect of anaesthesia wears off completely. Please do not worry. This can be associated with mild dementia which is common at your age. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
People also viewed
- Can an overdose of kalms tablets make you pass out
- Problems after knee replacement surgery
- Stiff neck smelly poop alcohol
- Swelling after knee replacement surgery
- Muscle weakness hashimotos alcohol
- Can i take kalms when taking microgynon
- Swimming after knee replacement surgery
- Kallmann syndrome narcolepsy
- Swollen red alcohol legs
- Alcohol withdrawls leg weakness
- Neck and shoulder pain alcohol withdrawal
- Wheatgrass juice and periventricular leukomalacia
- Vicks vapor rub for keloids
- Hiccups after knee replacement surgery
- Pain after knee replacement surgery