Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggestions for cheek pain after removal of teeth?

4 month ago my right last teeth got separated through surgey because I am having pain there. but that they also stich that blank area with some part of cheek and again I am having pain over there. I had a word with another doctor and she is saying that I have to remove upper teeth as well and still problem persists then I have to cut the extra area from my cheek. please suggest?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: remnant infection or muscle pull is suspected. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Welcome to XXXXXXX I have gone through your query details and the picture posted by you. i can see it is your right lower wisdom tooth that you got extracted surgically. Extraction of wisdom tooth often ends with complications like pain, swelling and discomfort post extraction . I suspect your wisdom tooth disimpaction was bony and the extraction was traumatic and time taking, suturing must be done by taking the soft tissue from the surrounding cheek muscles due to which it has ended in complications. I suspect it is the muscle pull which is annoying you , consult an oral surgeon and get the muscles pull released which is a simple surgical procedure done under local anesthesia. Upper tooth infected if any is totally a different issue and needs separate treatment and cannot be associated with this. Further to confirm whether there is any remnant roots or infection in the bone i would advise you to get an OPG radiograph done which will show the entire picture of jaw and helps the surgeon in diagnosis accordingly treatment can be done. i hope this helps, If you have further doubts please write back to me . take care. Dr.Farah Hussain.
Follow-up: Suggestions for cheek pain after removal of teeth? 10 hours later
Hi Dr Farah, Thanks for you quick response. So the final treatment is surgery, should i go ahead plan for surgery ASAP or there some prevention treatment form some and if it doesn't work then go for surgery. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 7 hours later
Brief Answer: muscle pull release will help. Detailed Answer: Hello there , I hope you are doing good, As i have mentioned it must be muscle pull which is discomforting you. since its been 4 months for the tooth removal there is no chance of further healing in the extraction area. As it is troubling you a lot better to get it released as soon as possible. It is simple procedure done under anesthetic infiltration so do not panic. Go for an OPG radiograph just to know any other abnormalities. i wish you good health XXXXXXX take care. Dr.Farah Hussain.
Follow-up: Suggestions for cheek pain after removal of teeth? 9 minutes later
Thanks for your response. I had a word with doctor today at Axis Dental. She told me that first action is to removal of Wisdom tooth and cutting of extra increase muscle. So i am totally confused what should i do now. Can you suggest any doctor in delhi for me? I mean removal of upper wisdom tooth
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: lower jaw followed by upper tooth removal. Detailed Answer: Hello vijay; Muscle pull and discomfort is related to lower jaw post extraction. i would suggest you to get the treatment done for existing problem . once you are fine with the lower jaw later you can go for removal of upper wisdom tooth. If you are a resident of hyderabad. can visit my clinic for treatment. if not consult a good oral and maxillofacial surgeon in your city. take care
Follow-up: Suggestions for cheek pain after removal of teeth? 12 minutes later
Thanks again but one more quires for the current problem, which i am facing it's not required to removal of upper wisdom tooth right?
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: two problems do not associate with each other. Detailed Answer: Hi; As i mentioned in my first answer the two problems are totally different from each other. removal of upper tooth will not help in solving the problem of lower jaw. There is no need for upper wisdom tooth removal unless it is infected; impacted or painful. wish you good health; Regards; Dr.farah XXXXXXX