Suggested folliculitus. Prescribed doxycycline and clindamycine. Using antibacterial soap. Cure?

Hi ive been dealing with breakouts for the past 3 months i was told by my dermatologist that it was folliculitus so i was given doxycycline and clindamycine with benzoyl peroxide for 30 days it made breakouts subside but did not go away completley went for second opinion told it was rosacea so i stopped the treatment for that after 2 days because it made my skin worse i just went to my MD and got a nose swab for staph waiting in the results im just wondering why im getting these breakouts on certain areas of my face cheeks forehead and no where else i buzz and shave my head yet i never breakout in those areas so i dont see how that can be folliculitus just trting to figure out what it is so i can get it under control ive never broken out before like this tends to get worse and gets better when it wants i use antibacterial soap right now nothing else pictures attached are from when it is really bad to when it subsides
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It looks like Acne vulgaris.

Detailed Answer:

The pictures looks like acne to me. Medically it is called Acne vulgaris.

In your case it is secondarily infected with bacteria and scar formation due to healing of the lesion.

It is mainly due to hormonal influence and it will subside gradually. Oiliness of the skin makes it more easy for the acne.

So regularly wash your face with water and mild soap. Use mild facial scrubs which will help remove the blockage of the pores of the sebaceous glands and prevent acne formation.

Continue the use of antibiotic tables and cream to control and cure the infected acne. Antibiotic soap application on the face is advisable.

Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suggested folliculitus. Prescribed doxycycline and clindamycine. Using antibacterial soap. Cure? 6 hours later
So you do not think its folliculitis its just basic acne flareups what can i do for that in the meantime while i wait to see dermatologist i am using antibacterial soap and applying clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide before bed i stopped taking doxycycline fter the 30 days
Brief Answer:
Continue the same medications.

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion they are acne. Continue the same medication till you consult your dermatologist.