Suggest ways to treat anxiety

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi there.
I’m still working on recovery from high high anxiety disorder but recently I had a lot on my plate... and while I handled it well, it was very stressful...

Now my body feels strung out, my sleep is off and when I try to relax, my chest feels weird and it feels like there’s weird energy (and pressure) in my head that comes and goes along with strange zaps or moments where it feels like my brain blinks followed by higher feelings of fear.

I think I resumed too much stress before healing my frayed nerves enough.

Does it just sound like my nervous system is out of whack again? Or am I having little seizures?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are more likely anxiety symptoms`

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I am glad to know that you are trying your best to recover from extreme anxiety and doing well to great extent. This is evidenced by the fact that despite lots of ongoing issues you handled them well without breaking down during the process.

I completely agree that handling stressful situations creates lots of issues which is completely normal for most individuals. At this stage it is important to focus on what you achieved rather than how you feel.

In my opinion while acknowledging success it is important to do the stress management in best possible way. You need to remain aware that handling stress was not done out of choice and it came naturally to you. So blaming oneself that I managed too many thing before proper healing is underestimating your ability and giving upper hand to stress.

I am stating this because I have multiple interactions with you over the last couple of months and can assure you that you have the ability and attitude to do things in right manner.

Regarding your question it was most likely effect of stress rather than seizures. In true sense no seizure causes such symptoms and current symptoms categorically favors stress rather than seizures.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
In future, if you wish to ask any more questions, you can use the below-mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.yyyyyyyyyyyy.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.

Follow-up: Suggest ways to treat anxiety 1 hour later
Thanks. You’re always very helpful.

It’s just tough not recovering from stress quickly yet... it just lingers, which really is what these feelings feel like. But I definitely react differently and I know eventually my nervous system will settle down and be able to handle more without revving the engine up.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up and great feedback.

I am glad to know that you developed good understanding about the problem which is essential for recovery.

And remember that your confidence in your ability to overcome all hurdels will have a great role over the process of recovery.

Feel free to ask any questions as follow up or directly if required.
I will be glad to answer them
Thanks again.