Suggest ways to reduce elevated liver enzymes in blood

Question
I have had elevted liver enzymes since i was 13. I'm now 58. they have been only mildly elevated for the last ten years or mor but I have been taken off of statin drugs in the past out of concern. My currents PCP has me on a statin drug. After 10 years of only a modestly elevted liver enzymes, my last blood work showed that one of them _ I don't know which - suddenly spiked remarkable. I'm a relatively heavy drinker (15+ oz. dily) but have been for 30+ years. What would you guess my liver enzymes spiked form? What are my concerns?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some possible diagnoses and suggestions

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

There can be many reasons which can elevate liver enzymes. Everything that damages the liver, can cause it.
The most common causes are:
- A viral infection of the liver like Hepatitis A, B or C as the most common. Specific blood tests that rule those out, will be needed.
- If you have started taking a new medicine, those can cause liver elevation as well.
- Even if you have been using Alcohol for a long time, the liver can be damaged sometime more then others, and so it releases different amount of enzymes in the blood in different times.
- Rare but possible is a lesion in the liver, who might be destroying the liver while it expands.

An abdominal ultrasound and some blood tests to rule these causes, will be needed.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako