Suggest ways to lower troponin levels in blood

Cardiologist
Question
what are the normal and cut off point for troponint levels?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that normally the levels of troponin are not detectable in healthy individuals.

The cut off point is usually 0.01ng/ml. Levels below this value are considered normal.

Anyway this level may be slightly different depending on the assay used by the lab.

But, you should know that it is necessary to evaluate the raise of troponin levels, in correlation with the clinical symptomatology (chest pain, shortness of breath) and ECG changes.

Levels of troponin above 0.01 ng/ml, that are raising in the hours or days after a chest pain, are indicative of myocardial injury. It is also necessary correlate these findings with the ECG changes, suggestive of myocardial ischemia, too.

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri