Suggest treatmet for polyps in the mouth due to dentures?

polyps in the mouth of my wife who has false teeth and also has dementia with alzheimers so she is difficult to treat
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. I'm sorry to hear your wife has some discomfort in the mouth. There is a condition called pyogenic granuloma (lobular capillary hemangioma) that occurs quite frequently in patients with dentures. This is due to the rubbing of the denture over the inside of the mouth in spots. If the dentures don't fit quite properly, this might be what is causing the polyps, which can appear red in some cases. It would be very reasonable to see a dentist for a check up regarding the polyps & fit of the dentures. I hope this helps & this resolves shortly. Your wife is lucky to have someone care for her as such. Take care. Sincerely, Dr Galamaga