Suggest treatment to increase height

Hi please help my 17 year old gain height ,he is 5.1-5.2 and does not seem to gain height,has he stopped growing,I give him milk,whey protein,hot cocoa,we r vegetarians,what can I do to help him,has he stopped growing or there is a chance for him to gain height
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Physical activity and exercise beneficial Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX The child has potential to grow till age of 23 to 25 years that is the time when growing end of bones stops growing and growth epiphysis fuses. The final height of individual depends on parents height. In majority of cases it's arithmetic average of height of father and mother. Apart from genetic makeup environment factors like diet and exercise do play a role although to lesser extent. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help 1. Introduction of boiled egg white protein in diet ( unfertilised eggs are considered vegetarian similar to how milk). Egg contains first class protein 2. Consumption of L Arginine powder which is an Amino acid, 1 XXXXXXX in glass of water everyday will be helpful 3. Promote physical activity and exercise: Double bar exercise and basketball is beneficial. Physical activity also in form of 30 minutes of brisk walking or jogging everyday is very beneficial. Wishing your son a happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD