Suggest treatment to improve muscle mass and tone

Have been treated by cryoablation for pc 5 yrs ago. Have low testosterone, ab fat, low muscle tone. Am 72 and want to get toned up. Told I cannot take test. supplements, patches, etc. What can I do to tone up and lose ab fat?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
Brief Answer: increase your protein intake Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Muscle is made up primarily of protein. This is the reason that body builders and individuals trying to increase muscle mass, tend to use more protein. If you have no history of kidney disease,then increasing your protein intake will improve your muscle mass and tone. This can be through animal (meats, fish, eggs, milk, cheese) or plant protein (if you are a vegetarian). There are also protein supplements. In addition , as you increase your protein use, you can decrease your carbohydrate use. Carbohydrates stimulate the body to release insulin. Insulin, in addition to reducing blood sugars , also stops the body from breaking down fat. If you reduce your carbohydrate intake ,there is less insulin released and more fat will break down. This means a reduction in sodas/fruit drinks/rice/pasta/breads/biscuits/potatoes Meals would mainly be the protein and vegetables /salads. You should replace any sodas and fruit drinks with a lot of water. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions