Suggest treatment fpr sharp pain under the little toe

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a sharp pain under my little toe, when I step on
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: It seems to be muscles strain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It seems to be muscles strain. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do hot fomatation at the site. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. 4. Do not put weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: Suggest treatment fpr sharp pain under the little toe 19 hours later
could it be an infection? I can feel a hard spot where the pain comes from.I had a large splinter in same area a week ago
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain seems to be due to splinter. Detailed Answer: Hi, If there is increased local temperature, any discharging sinus or fluctuation of swelling then it could be an infection. As per your history pain under your little toe seems to be due to splinter in that area. So I suggest you to give proper rest and do not put weight over it.