Suggest treatment for wheezing cough

God day Dr I am treated with Amlodipne + Olmesartan combination for Hypertension. Taking this combination of drugs from 10 Years. Also taking 100 mcg Eltroxin for Hypothyroidism .I have tried all other HT drug combinations as advised by doctors. I could not continue other drugs due various side effects. Whenever I get cold, cough starts and remain for months. Now I have severe dry cough and consulted chest physician, found all OK . No chest infection, but cough & wheezing remains. I have tried steroid & salbutomol inhalers, derifilian tablets, Anti allergic tablets from last one month. still no relief from cough. 1.Pl advise how to cure my wheezing cough ?PFT test normal, Thrasic CT normal 2. All blood test looks normal values die Diabetic, Lipid profile, LFT Etc 3.Drs diagonised my HT as Essential HT, any further diagnose ?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Reassuring / some suggestions given... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic It is really reassuring to have the blood test results - normal… Normal CT and PFT exclude any serious underlying cause… It is most likely allergic Blood tests like RAST may identify the allergen in some people / if found, desensitization may be attempted. If very severe and interfering with life style, short term oral steroids may be tried… / Pulmonologist can help… It is very cumbersome and not cost effective to find a cause for hypertension. In spite of all this, the chance of finding is very low and not worth the trouble – unless the pressure is very high / difficult to control / widely fluctuating / electrolyte or kidney impairment and so on… Hence essential Hypertension is taken for granted, unless proved otherwise… Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless