Suggest treatment for water clogged ear

I have felt for days that I have water in my ear and now it is becoming "clogged" and uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do at home to help?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Serous otitis media Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from serous otitis media. Here are some of the home remedies which might be useful to you 1. Valsalva manouver Close one nostril with your thumb and blow in and blow out forcefully. Repeat the same with the other nostril 6- 8 times 2. Steam inhalations I advice you to inhale steam. It has proven to be extremely useful in my patients. Do it for about 5 min, three times a day 3. Nasal decongestants It has helps to drain the blocked sinuses. Over the counter nasal decongestant is Otrivin, put 2 drops every 6 hours for 2 days 4. Sleeping on the side of the blocked ear can also help If none of the above measures help then I advice you to approach a ENT surgeon for an examination. I hope I was of help Regards