Suggest treatment for vision problem due to blood clot in eyes

N mid November 13 I had a blood clot in my right eye which left me with a shadow over 30% of the eye. my eye specialist says there is no treatment or cure. is this the case?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 52 minutes later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. This dimnision of vision, called as BRVO (retinal vein occlusion) may at times improve significantly with the passage of time and I have seen this in the course of my practice. However retinal artery occlusion is also common after stroke, in such a case the Neurologist and Cardiologist should act fast to prevent another stroke. Yes they have no active treatments. What is significant in these cases is the reason why that happened and as the causative factors remain the same such problems can always happen again or any where else in the body. Blood sugar,lipid profile and blood pressure are always kept in control. Lead a healthy life style,proper diet exercise and restare to be followed. Keep a watch over medical conditions . Have regular follow up. Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vision problem due to blood clot in eyes 21 hours later
Thank you for reply and I ask as my life of hard work has caused back degeneration and particularly neck and currently I am suffering pain in the back of my neck causing regular head aches as I have been a cronic migraine sufferer all my life so has this problem have any connection to stroke?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for getting back to us. Since migrain is a vascular phenomenon as are the stroke and the vision problems.So there is a generalized vascular problem which is leading to multiple defects. Usually there is one cause for multiple effects in the body. What you can do for this situation as i already mentioned take care of general health,proper diet and exercise,control bp and sugar and lipids and have regular follow up.