Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes

Woke up onwednesday morning with just the top of my foot and toes swollen it still has not gone away or down after taking ibprofun
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Does it hurt? If not, then Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about swollen foot and toes. If it doesn't hurt, then the chances that it would respond to Ibuprofen are slim because this drug only reduces swelling caused by an inflammation. If it doesn't hurt, I would suspect that this is caused by fluid accumulation. It should progressively get reabsorbed back into the circulation. Did you put on any socks before going to bed? Have you had any tight fitting foot wear? This could be a possible source of compression that can lead to this. Can I please have a picture and see what it really looks like? Thanks. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes 2 hours later
I did send a photo
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Is it the right foot? Detailed Answer: This leg looks red and raises the suspicion of a cellulitis or a skin infection. It generally requires antibiotics to treat the infection fully. This can only be gotten from your doctor. I will suggest that you go in an get this leg examined and also a prescription for this. Between, does it hurt? has it been increasing? does it feel warm to touch? Did you apply any red ointment on it? Thanks and wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD