Suggest treatment for swollen feet,ankles,and legs due to methamphetamine addiction?

My husbands friend who smokes methamphetamine is suffering horrible from swollen feet,ankles,and legs. It is painful to look at and he says it feels as if they are going to split. he has stopped the methamphetamine has been laying with legs elevated but still is in misery.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, rush him to the emergency room!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about the pains your husband's friend is going through right now. I will like to stress that these symptoms are not directly caused by methamphetamine smoking. They represent a more concerning health condition that need attention urgently. His symptom warrant an urgent medical attention. swollen and tender lower limbs can represent life threatening conditions that require urgent medical attention to help him. I understand finances may be hard but, he needs medical attention now more than ever. Health is a priority and I will rather suggest you get bills to deal with at later date than to avoid going to the hospital and may be loosing a friend. In all, please rush him urgently to the nearest medical facility for help. The notion of a hernia makes this even more urgent straight away. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.