Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock

have sore at top of buttock and rash like line to rectum. Went to surgeon and he told me to use medicated baby powder . Did not work.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: anti fungal treatment Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. The area of buttock is moist and very prone to develop fungal infections. Probably you have developed a fungal inflection and treatment with anti fungal medication is needed. I suggest my patients to use clotrimazole powder twice daily. Apart from being anti fungal, it also absorbs moisture and keep the area dry preventing further infection. Hope this work for you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sore rash on buttock 9 minutes later
where can I find clotrimazole powder? Is there a brand name?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Clotrimazole is chemical name. It is available by various trade names like candid, clodid, fungicide etc. It is easily available over the counter. Thank you.