Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic skin reaction

I had inquired 3 weeks ago about a rash, now I have a new one. Here is the picture. It itches.The first rash was 2 bumps, which now I think could have been spider bites
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Allergic skin rash Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. I have seen the attached pictures. You seem to have developed an allergic skin reaction. Since earlier you had developed an insect bite reaction, I would like to know if the previous lesions had healed completely before the present lesions developed or if the previous rash only is persisting. Also what all have you been applying over the present rash? Application of irritants like oils, creams and things like dettol can increase such rashes. Such an allergic skin rash over the front of neck can develop due to certain causes. It can occur as an allergic reaction to any neck jewellery worn or due to any clothes which are non cotton based or due to contact of com metallic buttons on the clothes. Once such a rash develops, sunlight is a major factor which can exacerbate the rash further. Now as far as treatment of the same is concerned, you need to apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected area twice a day. In addition, take some oral antihistamines like benadryl for the associated itching. Wear cotton clothes to prevent any further friction. Hope it helps Please tell if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for skin rash due to allergic skin reaction 25 minutes later
No, the previous ones had not gone away, they are still there, just lighter to the right of the neck rash. I don't think they show in the picture. I have been putting Benadryl cream on for the itching.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic skin rash Detailed Answer: Hi again So it has been the same rash which has been persisting and has rather increased in all these weeks. Now as mentioned before, hope you have not been wearing any ornaments in neck. Also do not apply any irritant oils or creams or things like dettol over it. You should apply cortisone cream as told twice a day over it. Also keep the area covered when out in sun and wear cotton clothes as much as possible. I am sure it will help you. Dr Geetika Paul