Suggest treatment for severe cough at middle of sleep and food swallowed coming out from mouth

Hi , My age is 25 ,Nowadays I am getting severe cough at middle of sleep ,i feel like food swallowed last night is coming till throught and getting few burps and feeling burning sensation throughout oesophagus I sometimes feel that this is happenning only when i have egg in the dinner
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar and I am pleased to assist you. Your symptoms are suggestive of gastroesophageal reflux disease. This is a condition in which the stomach contents reflux back in to the esophagus causing symptoms like heartburn, regurgitation etc.. You need bother medications and lifestyle/dietary changes for complete relief. Medication like omeprazole would provide good relief. You need to reduce weight if you are obese. You should avoid coffee, citrus fruits, tomatoes, fatty food/masala/spicy food. You should avoid eating large meals. You should go to bed at least 2-3 hours after taking food. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar