Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp

I have had this yucky looking lumpy thing on my scalp for a while now. What is it? It bled once recently.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: sebaceous cyst Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. Its looking like a sebaceous cyst. It is a collection of skin debris. Only treatment for this is surgical removal. A small surgery lasting 10 min would be enough to remove it. Please meet a dermatologist and get it removed. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp 15 minutes later
What happens if i dont get it removed?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: chance of infection Detailed Answer: Hello There is a chance of infection. As it is on scalp repeated infection can occur. Don't worry it has nothing to do with brain or any other internal organ. It will remain just on skin. Even then I advice you to get it removed, as the procedure is very simple and small. Let me know if you have doubts. Thank you