Suggest treatment for rash patches around the mouth

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My kid has got rash kind of patches around her mouth 10 day ago.It is spreading through out body And itching
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be allergy or viral infection Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. The rash you mentioned as patches around the mouth and now spreading all over could be allergy to some food or a viral rash. For both I would start antihistamines like atarax 5ml thrice daily. This I usually prescribe for such rashes. You can also apply calamine lotion . If symptoms don't resolve you need to visit a doctor. Please upload some photos to help us answer more. You can upload pictures using the site's uploader. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rash patches around the mouth 22 minutes later
We have been using atarax syrup and cortisoft - f cream for the past 3 days. But medicine is not stopping it from spreading
Answered by Dr. Arun 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures will help Detailed Answer: Can you upload some photos ? That would be of great help. If already on atarax and steroid ointment, your kid may require oral steroids like predisolone. But it would be better if you could send some pictures to help identifying better. Regards Arun