Suggest treatment for rapidly increasing scar from coccidiomycosis

for 40 years have 6 mm scar from coccidiomycosis in 5 months has grown to 1 cm. my Pulmonologist and X ray and cat scan Dr. think it could be cancer, I dont want to proceed with biopsy and or surgery, what is the likelihood it is cancer I am 730 years old in poor health. Thanks
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Chances not too high but remains a possibility Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query I am so sorry to hear about this rapid increase on the size of this scar over the past 5onths and the any different health difficulties you are going through at this time. I understand your reasons for not wishing to pursue further investigations on this. Having a poor a health already with many past surgeries is not the best way to keep going an we may feel like this at times. The rapid increase in the size of this scar tissue is concerning. The single and most feared condition right now is a possible cancer. I agree with your doctors for having suspected this, communicated the information to you and provide you with the various options to address this. However , it is your right to accept to pursue this option or not. I totally respect your decision to decline any further action on this and you are correct for your choices. I will like that you have an honest discussion with your doctor and ask him what he plans to do if this were to be cancer and what benefits are you going to get if this were to be managed as aggressively as possible. Also, Ask him whether he thinks you were more likely to die from pulmonary cancer or some other disease that you already have. If they prove to have no great benefits to you either on the quality of life or the duration of survival, then totally disregard this and stick to your decision. If he says in clear terms that you would greatly benefit fro diagnosis and management given your current health condition, please may I suggest that you think again about your decision not to pursue further management? I understand how disturbing this can be to you. I will encourage you to talk about I to you r close friend, children, husband, etc and let them know what you are going through so that they can provide you with the very much needed psychosocial support that you very much need at this time. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.