Suggest treatment for piles

General Surgeon
I recently developed piles. no bleeding, but it gets uncomfortable. I consulted a doctor, underwent medication, but it still wont go away. how much time does it take to heal? Also, what can I do to make it heal faster?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgery is a permanent solution. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins due to increased blood pressure in it. Most common reason of hemorrhoids is constipation. Once the vein gets enlarged, it wont get back to normal, no matter what medication will you use. Most of the medicines are used to improve hemorrhoids condition and make symptoms less comfortable. But you can not expect that your hemorrhoids will vanish. The only permanent solution is surgery. It usually takes about a week for the hemorrhoids to stop giving symptoms. If medicines are not helpful, you need to consult a surgeon and consider surgery. In a meanwhile please increase fiber rich products and mineral water intake to make your stools softer and avoid constipation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.