Suggest treatment for painful swollen fingers

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My finger joint bones are swollen and seviour pain sometimes I can't move is this a big problem?which food is best for overcome this prblm ?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Description below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Joint pains in young can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, etc. I would suggest you to get yourself examined by an Orthopaedician for multiple joint pains . You would be asked to undergo few blood tests like Hb, RBS, TLC, DLC, ESR, RA factor, CRP and Thyroid profile along with routine urine examination. These investigations will help us find out the exact cause. Discuss with your doctor. Taking diet rich in calcium and Vit D is helpful. Routine physical activity is always advised as this will prevent stiffness from aggravating. I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains- Do regular physiotherapy of joints. Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness Hot bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)-Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care