Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Two weeks ago I fell in the house. I hit my elbow and split it open it was bruised and sore. After a week it seemed to be getting better, now it is bruising again and more sore and tender. I also have some uncomfortable aching in my forearm and wrist. The bruise is hot to the touch. I can bend my arm and use it but to put any pressure on the elbow is painful.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get it clinically examined for infection. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your query, it seems that infection might have developed at your injured site. I would advise that your should get yourself clinically examined and investigated for ruling out cellulitis or infection. Following investigations can be helpful :- 1. Complete Blood Count(CBC). 2. Culture/Sensitivity of pus(if any). You can take anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals along with serratiopeptidase and an antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg. Antibiotic may be added if it is infected. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query,I will be happy to help. Thanks.