Suggest treatment for pain in legs,neck and back

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, iam 31 yrs old. i suffer a lot of pain in my legs by the end of the day. sometimes when iam stresses out, i even have severe neck pain and back pain. iam a mother of 2 kids and worried how i will manage them growing. i want to be strong.what diet should i take. please suggest.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your xray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. Hi, I have read your problem. You should not be worried about pain in neck and back. Usually back and neck pain is managed with pain-killers till 1 month period. If it persists beyond 1 month, then further investigations are done. Since you have a bad pain I will suggest the following: - Back pain and neck pain can be due to many reasons. You should get x-ray lumbosacral spine done in AP and Lateral done, x-ray cervical spine in AP and Lateral view done, send us report or discuss it with your doctor. Only then further management can be advised. - Avoid heavy weight lifting pushing and pulling heavy objects, because it will further increase pain. - You can take medicine like painkillers + muscle relaxants by discussing it with your doctor. You may need stronger pain-killers which are available on prescription only. You can try ibuprofen or naproxen till you see your doctor. - Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening in neck and back region. -You can do static cervical spine exercise and back strengthening exercise as uploaded on you tube. -You should always try to take balance diet including proteins, carbohydrates and fats. -You should try to avoid stress as much as possible. Once your back becomes strengthened your leg pain will automatically be relieved. Believe in god and trust your doctor. I hope it helps. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks. Dr.Singh.