Suggest treatment for pain in anus while moving and coughing?

I have had a pain in my anus for 2 days. The pain is not present when I sit but is present when I move and when I cough. I have had no blood in my stools and no discomfort when passing although the consistency has been quite watery. I have had a look and cannot see anything and haven't had any issues before. Should I take a course of antibiotics?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consideeations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. From the symptoms you describe, a proper physical examination by a physician is definitely warranted if the symptoms do not resolve on their own within a week. A stool sample may be requested for laboratory analysis. Imaging studies or a colonoscopy might even be indicated. Please see a physician to address these issues and to get started on recovering if this situation does not resolve or if you develop new or worsening symptoms. Take care, Dr G
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in anus while moving and coughing? 4 minutes later
Can you recommend any types of medication that could be beneficial? I was wondering whether a course of anti biotics would be helpful assist recovery?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: thanks again for sending your question. I don't think antibiotics necessarily will be helpful. I would recommend that you maintain adequate hydration. If the symptoms get worse Orchardhill people chortles this is absolutely a reason that you would need to see your doctor. Your doctor cannot only prescribed antibiotics but can also collect a sample of your stool in order to find out XXXXXXX was going on. Otherwise maintain a bland diet including bread rice and toast and hydrate yourself very well. Thanks again for sending your question. Dr. G