Suggest treatment for pain due to neck sprain

hi Doctor, one year old baby got sprain on neck My name is XXXX, I am from India my niece is one year old, gender female, just few hour back she was continuously crying , now she is looking dull, whenever she was trying to move her head then again start crying. no idea about the reason, its pretty late not sure we can find the doctor or not near by, we are looking for help what we suppose to do so will get relief
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. She might have hit her somewhere. I suggest you to. -gently apply ice fometation over affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. -give acetaminiphen as per dosage 15 mg/kg body weight 6 hourly. -do not move her much. In case symptoms persist physical examination will be required in that case. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your niece good health. God bless..
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to neck sprain 13 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for the response. she is still suffering. she is not using her right hand to pick any kind of toy, when ever she try to move her right hand because of pain start crying. what u would suggest me doctor to do, it is almost 15 hours passed, she got some relief but still suffering with her right hand.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. She must be having soft tissue injury which takes few days to heal. I suggest you to get her examined by doctor as physical examination is required to see nature of injury. In the meantime try to give rest to her arm . And continue with analegesic. Hope this helps. Take care.