Suggest treatment for pain due to injured penis

Jul 2016

Hi doctor, I always have many nocturnal erections, where I need to stand up to let the erection subside during the night before I sleep again. Last night, when getting out of bed, my penis got stuck into my sleeping pants, which caused some force downwards on the penis when erect. It happened very slowly, and I was able to correct it once I felt the pain though. And I continued to have more erections later in the night and morning as usual. The pain is not great, but feels a bit uncomfortable, located at the base (where the penis starts visibly). Anything I should do? Take some painkillers? Will it repair itself?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Ultrasound scanning of penis done. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that last night you have sustained injury to your penis when it was erect and now getting pain at the base of Penis. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Is there any swelling of penis ? 2) Is there any bleeding from urethra? 3) Is there any collection of blood underneath penile skin? 4) Do you get erection ? It looks that you have sustained injury to penis however injury to Tunica Albugenia has to be ruled out by doing ultrasound scanning of the penis. If it turns out to be negative nothing to be worried about .It will get cured within a week. Please continue taking pain killers. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to injured penis 12 minutes later
Thank you for fast answer! No, there is no visible change in the penis No bleeding No collection of blood I still get erection, just tried now, but I think maybe best to give it some rest for a while? I am thinking it is a small injury, but I wanna ask, just in case. I have an appointment with urologist on Wednesday for other matters, can ask him to check it with ultrasound. There is no reason for urgent check-up, is there?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: There is no urgency. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feedback.There is no major injury to penis or erectile tissue. You can narrate the story to Urologist when you consult him .He will decide regarding the necessity ultrasound scanning is required or nor. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.