Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib cage

I broke my rib cage 2 weeks ago im still in pain am i going to hiel i dont how to spell
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You would not die!!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these broken ribs. Broken ribs rarely need surgery for treatment. The treatment revolves around bed rest and adequate pain medications to control your pains while the ribs heal all by themselves. From the information you have provided, your pain is poorly controlled. talk to your doctor and get good pain medications like oxycodone/hydrocodone/codeine to get these pains well controlled so that you can lead a pain free life while the ribs heal completely. Do not forgot to have bed rest as well to minimize pain and facilitate healing. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.