Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles

After playing shuttle cock, I found swelling in my leg angles with slight pain. Please let me know , whether I need to take any treatment and I can continue with the shuttle cock
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Is the swelling persisting now? When did it happen? Did you ice it immediately? If it was an acute injury and the swelling is persisting, then you may need an X-ray of the ankles. If not, you can take symptomatic treatment like icing the swelling, taking simple analgesics like Dolo 650mg thrice daily for a day or two, resting your affected leg. You should not continue to play shuttle cock now, until the time the swelling disappears. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles 5 minutes later
Is the swelling persisting now? Now it is reduced considerably and I don’t have pain now , but slight discomfort or tightness of angle is there . When did it happen? This happened last Wednesday (19/02/2014) Did you ice it immediately? No , I didn’t apply ice. Do I need to go for X-ray and Dolo 650mg or taking two more days of rest will be enough ?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: go for the x-ray Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Although most of your symptoms are gone by now, I would still suggest you to get an ankle x-ray done to rule out hair line cracks,if any. Also, take Dolo and rest well too for 2 more days. Please meet an orthopedician to get the x-ray done. I wish you complete recovery at the earliest.